Wednesday 19 September 2007

BLIND WILLIE AT WIGTOWN BOOK FESTIVAL

I'm just off back to Georgia, mostly to revisit, with my wife Sarah and without any work to do, the places I explored alone while trying to follow in Willie McTell's footsteps. I'm away till October 1st, and may well not be able to post a blog entry in the interim.

I'm back at my desk on October 2, and then I'm heading up to Dumfries and Galloway, in the Scottish lowlands, to give a talk at the Wigtown Book Festival. Specifically:

Michael Gray: In Search of Blind Willie McTell
9pm (yes, 9pm), Friday October 5
Bladnoch Distillery
Bladnoch
Wigtown
Scotland DG8 9AB
Festival Box Office: 01988 403222
Tickets: £5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Michael

Would that I was in Scotland on tour at this time (as I frequently am) and having a night off to come and enjoy this evening in Wigtown.

I am currently reading your new offering and am being enthrawled by it. I picked-up on it via a review in The Link magazine from the Teesside area where I live.

I've been working these last 30-odd years as a pro' acoustic guitarist using some of Blind Willie McTell songs. I had some information like many of us devotees from LP sleeves and the like but your book puts serious flesh on the bones and informs like no other. I thank you for this.

My website is www.eddiewalker.net if you have the time and inclination to make contact direct with me.

Best to you and once again thank you.

Eddie Walker.

Michael Gray said...

Dear Eddie
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write so positively abut my book. I'm glad you're enjoying it, sorry you can't come to Wigtown and hope to connect somewhere else down the road.

Meanwhile I shall definitely check out your website.

Best wishes~
Michael