Wednesday 30 May 2007

LAUNCH-DAY TALK: MORE DETAIL + ADDED DATE

Launch day for the book is still July 2nd. By then it should be in the shops. If anyone can make it to the launch-day talk, even though it's at the disobliging hour of 11 on a Monday morning, please do come and say hello. And/or buy a copy, signed or unsigned as you prefer. This event is part of the 1st Annual Kirkbymoorside & District Literature Festival. Details are now online at www.summitbookshop.co.uk

I've also accepted an invitation to speak about the book and Mr. McTell at this year's Wigtown Festival - which bills itself as the Scottish Book Town Festival and as the Scots Hay-on-Wye - in early October. Details to be arranged.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gray,

I understand that you have not secured a release date in the U.S. yet, but are you aware of any shops in New York city that may carry it as an import?

Please respond to jaccalabro@yahoo.com, if you don't mind. Thank you.

Michael Gray said...

I'm answering this question on the blog, if you don't mind, because it is one that several other people have been asking.

The answer is that I very much doubt if any NYC shop is importing it - Bloomsbury UK has no rights to distribute it in North America - but you can obtain it from Amazon.co.uk, which is offering it at such a good price that even with airmail post added on, it's going to be far cheaper than any shop's import price, I imagine.

And IF you buy it from Amazon.co.uk by clicking on the display ad on my blog (the first item in the RECOMMENDED column), it gives this author a tiny bit of commission.

Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

It's me again. I bought the book on Amazon.co.uk, through your link. I'm looking forward to reading it . . .

Michael Gray said...

Good! Thank you! As a matter of interest, what postage did you have to pay to have the book airmailed to the States?

Thanks again, and best wishes~
Michael Gray

Anonymous said...

The postage was 6.98 pounds. The overall charges, when converted to dollars, was about $35.

I haven't read the book yet, but I can already say it's a bargain. I'm a fan of Blind Wille McTell and your writing -- this will be a great read!

Jac Calabro